For a document on the Web to be useful and usable, users must be able
- to quickly find what they need
- to understand what they find
- to trust that the information is accurate and reliable
Developing content for Web-based applications requires a unique combination
of skills, including:
- Information Architecture
- The ability to organize a large, complex information set and structure
it into bite-sized “chunks”. It's important to ensure that the
information is logically structured, which makes it easier for users to
locate what they need.
- The ability to write clear, concise and understandable English text. Documents
to be read online must be concise and structured for scanning, which is
different from ordinary reading.
- The ability to ensure technical accuracy and consistency of content throughout
- Document Design
- The ability to create web pages that smoothly integrate text and graphics,
and are visually appealing. A well-designed web page improves the quality
of the user's interaction with the information.
- Technical Skill
- A good understanding of the technologies involved in storing, distributing
and maintaining content for Web-based applications is a basic requirement.
Different software tools and technical environments must be used, depending
on the type of application.
Web Content Development Services
can do all of these things for you. I focus on making sure that the content
is designed in the best possible way to optimize your users' experience with
In addition, I am a stickler for accuracy, which means: no grammatical errors
or other typos.